Tenants at No 7

From Clifford Chambers
Jump to: navigation, search

THE TENANTS OF NO. 7 CLIFFORD CHAMBERS

Stan Hastie, living with his parents at Manor Cottage, felt very favoured when, on his marriage, he was given No. 7 to start his married life. It was far larger than the little cottage he had been brought up in. This house, at that time, was still owned by the Manor.

But, when, in 1951, the Estate was sold, Martin and Rosemary Bailey eventually became the owners. And it was good to have two members of the Bailey family living side by side – and in both houses watching their respective families grow up.