The New Room (The Bungalows)
THE NEW ROOM (The Bungalows)
The New room opened on 2nd November 1910 for dancing classes and concerts. There was no piano, so Ralph Dodd had to transport the school piano on his truck for use every time it was needed. Mr. Betteridge was noted at each concert for singing “White Wings” which was well received!
The New Rooms were made into two bungalows about 1939.
The road before this, had been renamed Edward VII Road, probably when the terraced houses were built, but when Mrs. Rees-Mogg purchased it shortly afterwards, she restored it to its original name The Nashes.