The New Room (The Bungalows)

From Clifford Chambers
Revision as of 22:17, 13 February 2014 by Avrilsalmon (talk | contribs) (Created page with "THE NEW ROOM (The Bungalows) The New room opened on 2nd November 1910 for dancing classes and concerts. There was no piano, so Ralph Dodd had to transport the school piano o...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

THE NEW ROOM (The Bungalows)

The New room opened on 2nd November 1910 for dancing classes and concerts. There was no piano, so Ralph Dodd had to transport the school piano on his truck for use every time it was needed. Mr. Betteridge was noted at each concert for singing “White Wings” which was well received!

The New Rooms were made into two bungalows about 1939.

The road before this, had been renamed Edward VII Road, probably when the terraced houses were built, but when Mrs. Rees-Mogg purchased it shortly afterwards, she restored it to its original name The Nashes.